Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Josh Phillips

Thanks to Alice for passing the world around about the sad news that Josh Phillips died a few days ago as a result of bike accident.

Josh and I were overseers of YFCC together (these days YFGM) in the early 90's. I have many memories of his guitar playing (thanks for the intro to Tom Petty Josh!), that patchwork coat, those piercing eyes behind a floppy fringe. Being far away from my old photos I can't sit and pour through them and end up grasping around in the depths of my memory for names long forgotten even though the faces remain familiar.

Josh was one of the gentle giants of life - and at the time I knew him one of the heartbreakers with it, but I'll spare the blushes of those concerned though!

It's hard to believe he's gone. It's been so many years now since I saw him that not seeing him will just feel like our paths somehow just haven't crossed again yet.

My thoughts are with Rach and the rest of his family, and with all those who knew and will miss Josh.


Gonna free fall out into nothin
Gonna leave this world for a while

And I'm free, free fallin
Yeah I'm free, free fallin

Tom Petty

No comments: