Sunday, June 11, 2006

guiding light

I sat in Meeting this morning with the Julian of Norwich prayer 'All will be well, and all will be well, and all manner of things will be well' running through my head.

I'd just spent half an hour or so with a friend in need of a chat and I found myself, not for the first time since getting here, feeling like I was filling someone elses shoes - another Julian, Julian of Darlington! It might be three years now since she sat me down and put into words what I had been trying not to see because seeing meant doing something about it and that was scary, but it is still as clear as if it were last month.

Without Julian crystalising things for me I don't know how long I would have remained bumbling around in the dark half looking for answers but scared of what I might find. But what gave me the courage to act on it all was a strong inner sense of it being the right thing to do along with the loving support of my friends. It was a leap of faith, but one which helped me realise that faith isn't a last resort but the main thing holding me up - recognising that has changed my world, literally.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Those Julians, worth listening to, they sure know what they're talking about...