Sunday, October 29, 2006

call waiting....

The Resident Friend post in Auckland has unexpectedly become available again as of April next year. I've been asked a couple of times if I'd consider it, either for the full year or part of the year. Now in theory I could - I'd just need an extension of my current visa and a promise from the Meeting to give me a hand looking after the rather extensive grounds. It would give me an opportunity to help Auckland YFs find a bit more direction and cohesiveness and the money to live off would no doubt turn up from somewhere, it usually does when it's the right thing to do...

... but there lies the crux of the matter. It doesn't feel like the right thing to do.

Part of me can't quite believe I'm turning down the easy option of another years visa. But the rest of me is completely and utterly convinced that that's not what I'm meant to do next. Sure I like the idea of being a 'reliever' for both Auckland and Wellington after I've finished here and that would give me the chance to carry on with the YF dinners etc and a great opportunity to keep up/develop new friendships in both cities. But I just can't get away from the strong gut feeling that it's not what god/the universe/what or whoever has in store for me next.

No matter what source of guidance or inspiration I turn to at the moment I'm getting the same message no matter what aspect of my life I'm considering at the time - have patience, ask for divine guidance and trust your instincts. So I am doing, and hoping sometime soon I start getting an idea as to what I'm waiting for....

But if anyone out there is feeling the call to be Resident Friends in Auckland for a year from April 2007 and thought they'd missed the boat here's your chance! www.quaker.org.nz has all the contact information =)

No comments: