Friday, November 10, 2006

what goes around comes around...

A few Christmases ago my parents (well my Mum) gave my brother's dog a squeaky toy for a present. Cozmo loved it and played with it for hours... by which time my brother had gone right off it! Despairingly he asked Mum 'Why?'. Her reply was 'The glockenspiel, the penny whilstle...' and several other noisy toys we'd had as children that I've now conveniently forgotten about. As neither of us have had the decency to provide them with grandchildren to (un)suitably indulge Cozmo got to 'benefit'.

But as I said, what goes around comes around...

Mum, as happened to me, arrived off her first flight to New Zealand with a husky voice and cough. So I suitably dosed her up with hot honey and lemon drinks, a hot toddy and cough mixtures left over from the nasty cold/flu that was doing the rounds in August. The cough surpresant to get a decent nights sleep was fine, it tastes of pink Refreshers (British sweets), but the stuff to actually get rid of the cough is pretty grim. Mum pulled a face at the first dose and really wasn't planning on taking any more but she got short shrift from me and a pointed reminder about all the 'throat remover' cough medicine she'd forced on Jon and I as kids. What's sauce for the goose is sauce for the gander!

No comments: