Friday, October 07, 2005

everything in it's own time, and a time for everything

Well today was a 'hurry up and wait' day, a mad rush around getting everything ready for the courier to collect my boxes to ship, printing off the forms and getting back in time (thanks for the lift Bronwyn!) only to have the courier company be conspicuous by their absence.

Frustrating in itself but... I got my washing done and out on the line and was able to give Banjo more cuddles whilst I deleted files off the laptop. I think he's begining to smell a rat.. well not literaly (I hope!), more his biscuits - he found the box half packed with his clockwork feeder & a tin of biccies etc in this afternoon and well those of you who know cats will understand when I say he positively glared at me... he then found an empty box to sit in - I think that might have been a hint!

Anyhow, having finally got around to reading the small print (and boy do I mean small - thank heavens for my new glasses!) it turns out I'll need to re-pack one of the boxes and pop something in my luggage otherwise the box will need to get quarantined by MAFF (Ministry of Agriculture, Farming & Fisheries) at the other end or something daft, and I'd have to sell my soul and sign on the dotted line claiming to have packed Fran's box (which would also mean MAFF blaming me for the pesto!) - so maybe the non-showing of the courier did Fran and I a favour!

Funny how things work out sometimes.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I know it seems silly, but it's the little things I miss living here. Yesterday I found that you can now get Seabrooks crisps in Wellington (from the special British sweetshop) - and I'm ashamed to say that the discovery made me very happy!