Sunday, December 11, 2005

I get to be Lucy again!

Cheers Liz - went to check out the Narnia 'which character are you?' on beliefnet.com having seen you mention it on your blog and I too was Lucy, which I was rather chuffed about as when I was at infants school (6/7 yrs old-ish) we used to play 'The Lion, the Witch & the Wardrobe' in the playground because our teacher was reading it to us in class, and I got to be Lucy then too. I can remember that Susan was Susan (well obviously!) and Harvey was Peter but can't for the life of me remember who was Edmund - we must have had half the class playing because we ran out of characters so Laura was a bunny rabbit...

As I said to Kate there has been so much in the last few weeks or so that has reminded me of school days and things I haven't thought about for ages. We were checking out Friends Reunited entries (having gone to find someone's surname so we could both sleep that night) and discovered amongst other things that our parents need to update their entries, but what struck me was how many memories and faces came back vividly just reading through a list of names. It amazes me sometimes what I do remember (considering how much I forget - like what I walked into the room to get or to the shops to buy). I mean of all the things to remember why oh why after nearly 30 years do I remember us deciding that Laura could be a bunny rabbit?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

me too. Though I'm looking forward to seeing the film, I dunno if that's how Lucy looks in my head :(