Sunday, December 11, 2005

Longing for a lie in

Ok, I am finally appreciating why having two Resident Friends comes in handy at times, it isn't the work load, it is the timing. As you will have probably gathered if you either know me or have been reading this blog long enough I am soooo not a mornings person (Past Times used to do a great nightshirt with the Oscar Wilde quote on it - 'Only dull people are brilliant at breakfast' - if they'd done it it anything other than white I'd've been sorely tempted but if there is one thing I'm worse at than mornings it is keeping white things clean - especially at breakfast time...). It has been a very long week for me - early mornings every day and another one tomorrow despite my best efforts to write the morning off; now had there been two of me I could have taken it in turns to get up early!

To be fair what I need more are several decent nights sleep which I haven't had anything like enough of - the weather is doing very strange things - northerly winds veering southerly on the weather report recently was worthy of the Shipping Forecast, I mean what was the wind trying to do - reverse park? Lots of people are complaining of sleeping badly which is comforting in a way as I can at least feel as though it's not just me, but some of it has been my head whirling away at gale force speed refusing to shut up and let me sleep - which I can't really blame on the weather. However someone suggested repeating a medatitive mantra and it seems (so far...) to work. Seeing as I can't take 'ooommmm' seriously (I blame Dad for pointing out that a poster Mum had years ago of ooommmm written out in circle also said wwwooooo, or was it mmmoooo - but anyway you get the drift!) and I don't actually know any others poor old Julian of Norwich must be well fed up of me by now as 'But all will be well, and all will be well, and all manner of things will be well' is in danger of being worn out....

Anyroad - time to try it out again methinks otherwise that 8am phone call from Kenny about filling in a missing signature on a form is going to be horribly soon.

No comments: